If your vehicle breaks down or you run out of gas, you can call AAA Roadside Assistance for help 24 hour hours a day, seven days a week in any car—whether you're the passenger or the driver, and anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. To get roadside service, you’ll need your AAA Membership card and a photo ID.
As a AAA Member, your benefits include up to the four services below:
- Towing to the nearest gas station, AAA Approved Auto Repair shop, or your preferred mechanic. Miles of towing vary, based on your AAA Membership plan. AAA Classic Membership provides 5 miles of towing per breakdown incident. Members will be responsible for the payment of additional costs and expenses of tows that are in excess of 5 miles. AAA Plus Membership provides up to 100 miles of towing per breakdown incident. AAA Premier Membership provides up to 200 miles of towing for one service call (per household) and provides up to 100 miles of towing for three additional service calls.
- Flat tire service if your tire needs to be inflated or changed.
- Emergency fuel delivery to get you to the nearest gas station.*
- Car battery service, if you need a jump-start or on-the-spot battery replacement.**
- Mechanical first aid to get your vehicle running (minor repairs not including parts or supplies).
- Locksmith service when you lock your keys in your car.
In some cases, additional charges may apply. There may be a charge for labor-intensive battery installations, for example, or tows that exceed the membership’s allotted mileage, and (for AAA Classic Members) for fuel.
AAA Members can request Emergency Roadside Assistance three ways:
*Certain restrictions apply. Valid Membership card required.
**Certain restrictions apply. Valid Membership card required. AAA batteries may not be available for all vehicle makes and models. Mobile battery replacement is not available in all areas. Member pays for battery. Some battery installations may require additional fees. For full Membership terms & conditions, view AAA Terms & Conditions. For AAA battery warranties, view limited warranty.